Loves Lane Camping & Caravanning understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, loveslane.co.uk, (“our website”) and stays with us. We will only collect and use personal data in the ways that are described here and in a way that is consistent with our obligations with our obligations and your rights under law.
Please read this privacy notice carefully and ensure that you understand it. If you have any questions or queries, please do get in touch. We welcome feedback and are happy to clarify anything in this privacy notice that you are unsure of.
1.Information About Us
Data Controller: Loves Lane Camping & Caravanning.
Ashwell End Farmhouse, Loves Lane, Ashwell. SG7 5HZ
Data Protection Lead: Philippa Wayman
Telephone: 01462 742382
2. What This Policy Covers
This privacy notice applies only to the use of our website and our use of personal data when staying with us or booking a visit. Our website may contain links to other websites. We advise you to check their privacy policies before providing any data to them.
3. Definition of Personal Data
Personal Data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as “any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier.” In more simple terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified.
4. Your Rights
Under the GDPR, you have rights applicable to our processing which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact us to find out more or to ask any questions using the details in Part 12.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 11 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in Part 12 to find out more.
- In some circumstances, you have the right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Please contact us using the details in Part 12 to find out more.
- In certain circumstances, such as waiting for us to correct inaccurate data, the right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data for a period of time.
- In certain circumstances, the right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes. The right to object to marketing is absolute, so if you ask us not to send newsletters, we will add your details to our suppression list to ensure you are not emailed.
For more information about our use of your personal data, or exercising your rights as above, please contact us using the details in Part 12.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, we would prefer you to talk to us in the first instance, but you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone: 0303 123 113
5. Data Collection
Depending upon the use of our website and services, we will collect some, or all of the following personal and non-personal data:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Camping & Caravanning Club membership number and expiry date
- Vehicle registration number
- Type of camping unit
- Arrival and departure dates and times
- Billing and payment information
- Information about your preferences and interests
- IP address
- Web browser type and version
- Operating system
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on our website and the site you next exit to.
6. Use of Personal Data
We must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This is because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to the use of your personal data, or because it is in legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data will be used for any of the following purposes:
- Supplying our services to you. Your personal details are required in order for us to enter into a contract with you.
- We have a legitimate interest in personalising and tailoring our services for you so that you can get the best out of your stay.
- We have a contractual obligation ton communicate with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Supplying you with information by email and/or post that you have opted in to, (you may unsubscribe at any time.)
- We will also keep details of the lead booker needed for NHS Test and Trace in the event that any member of your party having been in contact with anyone on the campsite that subsequently is tested positive for Covid-19.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal details for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email and/or telephone and/or post with information, news and offers on our services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and the Electronic Communications Directive (EC Directive) regulations 2003 and you will always have the opportunity to opt out.
Please note, that even if you have unsubscribed from receiving marketing emails from us, we may need to send you other types of service emails communication without the opportunity to opt out of receiving them, e.g. temporary, or permanent campsite closure.
7. Duration of Personal Data Retention
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than necessary for the purposes it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods, (or where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
- Booking enquiry form entries, (from website, or telephone enquiries) including contact information for bookings – 18 months
- Customer sales records for financial purposes – 6 years
- Contact details for marketing – 18 months
- Contact information for NHS Test and Trace – 21 days, as per government guidance
- Website analytics – 12 months
8. Storage and Transfer of Personal Data
We will only store or transfer your personal data in the UK.
9. Sharing of Personal Data
We will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, with the exceptions of:
- Information required by the Camping and Caravanning Club as part of our campsite certification.
- When legally required to share, e.g. if we are involved in legal proceedings, complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
- In the event of damage and the need for insurance companies to be involved.
10. Withholding Information
You may access certain areas of our website without providing any personal data at all. However, in order to book with us, or to answer any enquiries, you will need to share information in order for us to process your booking or enquiry.
11. Access to Personal Data
If you want to know details of the personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and a copy of it (where any such personal data is held.) This is known as a “subject access request/SAR.”
A subject access request can be made by any method, but we would prefer you to email, or write to us at the postal address shown in Part 12. Prior to fulfilling a SAR, we will need to establish your identity to ensure we only release the personal data to the person it relates to.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive” (for example, if you make repetitive requests,) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your subject access request within one calendar month and, in any case, not more than one month after receiving it. We will aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. However, in some cases, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required, up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
12 Contact Us
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details, (for the attention of Philippa Wayman.)
Telephone number: 01462 742382
Postal Address: Loves Lane Camping & Caravanning, Ashwell End Farmhouse, Loves Lane, Ashwell. SG7 5HZ
13. Changes to this Privacy Notice
This privacy notice will be under frequent review. Alterations will be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data.